Notice of Job Vacancy with HealthScope
Notice of Job Vacancy
Posted: April 27, 2018
Position: Specialist Position Code: 2002
Department: Taft-Hartley Administration Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Dayton, OH Immediate Supervisor: Shanna Terrill
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Starting pay: $16.00 - $18.00
Please email resumes to email@example.com
- Performs Health and Welfare and Pension eligibility administration duties for assigned groups. Includes data entry of monthly reporting forms and verification of eligibility for all insureds and dependents.
- Prepares end of month checks and financial statements.
- Performs accounting records in QuickBooks.
- Eligibility & benefit calculations for Retirement, Death, Disability and Termination Benefits.
- Calculate benefits under Qualified Domestic Relations Order.
- Process reciprocal requests.
- General communication to Participants and Beneficiaries.
- Prepares monthly billings for assigned clients. Maintains accurate records throughout the month, including additions, deletions, and other changes.
- Generates COBRA election forms, and maintains COBRA eligibility.
- Communicates with clients and employees on all eligibility and billing issues for Health and Welfare and Pension.
- Responsible for HIPAA certificate generation and for entering HIPAA information received.
- Medicare Part D requirements for client.
- Tax preparation of quarterly taxes for client.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to report to the office
- High school diploma with some accounting. Above average grammar, spelling, and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge on reconciling bank accounts.
- Professional office skills; computer; Microsoft Word and Excel; data entry; working knowledge of accounting; and knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Six months prior experience in insurance administration is desired.
- Ability to get along with many different types of personalities; be willing to learn and grow in the position.
- Must be detail oriented.
The Company considers applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, age 40 years and over, sexual preference, veteran's status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.